Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Garlic Mashed Cauliflower

I know many of you may think that these do not sound good at all. To be honest I did not want to even try these because I don't even like cauliflower (the main ingredient). I am so thankful that I made these the other day anyways. Justin found a recipe online and while he was gone to get propane for the grill I fixed them. Yes, I know it's crazy that I actually made something in the kitchen. They were delicious, but then I realized I left something very important out.... garlic! So tonight I tried to make them again. They taste just like mashed potatoes if not better and without all the carbs!

Here is what you need:

 Bag of cauliflower
 Tbsp of fat free cream cheese
 1/4 cup of Gouda cheese
 4 cloves of garlic

 Ground Pepper
Scallions

They are so easy to make. Here is how you do it:

1. Break all the cauliflower into small pieces and place them in a pot of boiling water.  Let them boil for about 6 minutes or until soft.


2. While these are boiling; in a food processor chop the garlic and go ahead and soften the cream cheese.
3. Drain the cauliflower and press down on it in the strainer to get as much water as possible. If you don't drain them enough the  consistency will be very runny.

4. Add the cauliflower, cream cheese, Gouda, and pepper (to taste) into the food processor.  Grind to the consistency of mashed potatoes. 

5. Now they are ready to serve. We placed onions and scallions on top of ours and paired these with tuna and a zucchini/ squash medley. 


Hope that you enjoy these as much as we did. Remember eat healthy and respect your body :)

No comments:

Post a Comment