Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Two Weeks of Rest

Wow! I never imagined how much I would miss being active. Last Wednesday (May 22) I had surgery and was told I was not allowed to run or hit the gym for two weeks! 
I have missed two runs with my amazing teammates on Friday mornings. I see runners outside and I'm so jealous, but God and Justin quickly remind me that my "NO RUNNING" is only temporary! Takes me back to running with a purpose! Running for those who no longer can, who lost their life to CANCER! 
Wednesday I cannot wait to be back in my running shoes! Back running for my grandmother, Kimberly, and many others that my amazing friends have asked me to run for! This week has been emotionally tough on me! I have thought so much about November 9 (Savannah Marathon) and just imagine the joy of the finish line and what I just did. I'm running to cure cancer!! 
The week before my surgery I have all the miles I could! Monday I ran my first 16 mile run, Wednesday I ran a quick 3.5 mile recovery run, and Friday I ran 13.1 miles at relay for life with my sister in law Jill in memory of her beautiful mother we lost to pancreatic cancer last year! After being diagnosed she lived for 77 days! This run was do amazing! Knowing I ran to find a cure for cancer! No one needs to go what the Bonner family went through! How quickly her life was taken from her! When I finished I looked at Mr. Bonner and told him that was for his incredible wife. I cannot imagine running around a boring track for 52 Laos for anyone else, but it was such an honor to do it for her!!
Please follow me along my journey of training as it all starts this Wednesday when in released by my doctor to run again!! 
Don't forget to donate to:

Http://pages.teamintraining.org/sc/rnrsav13/kbellpxh9g


No comments:

Post a Comment