Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekly Training Updates

I wanted to start with thanking everyone who has donated to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society so far. You guys are amazing. I am a little over half way there on raising my minimum goal and I am only 5 weeks into my training plan.

I thought it may be fun to start updating you every week on how my training is going. Remember every mile is one step closer to finding a cure with team in training. I will also update everyone with fundraisers along the way. 

Today started week 5 of my training so I want to update you on the last month of running. Last weekend I was able to do my first team run with some teammates and my coach. We train at 6:30 in the morning and ran 7 miles. When I first started I hated the thought of waking up that early on a Saturday. Now I realize why, we beat the heat, and when we get up to 16,18,20 miles I'm really going to enjoy that. 

I definitely began really wanting to pick my training last week. I realized there are so many people counting on me to finish this for them. I realized I am not just running this for myself but for those who have lost their lives to cancer or are fighting now. I have friends and family members who have asked me to run for their family member and I will not let them down. 

Last week I actually injured my calf muscle, but after sitting out for just one day I am feeling better, thank goodness. I had a gorgeous run downtown this weekend and 3 other runs jus

around town. If you ever see me make sure to honk or wave, the motivation is amazing.

Today I told my mom I had stopped listening to Christian music when I run, and this weekend I began to listen to it again. It's amazing the difference in my mood. I feel like this is a way for me to worship. I love to sing along while I'm running and also use the gift of running he has blessed me with. I want to post pictures every week from my runs so everyone can see how hard I am training. I am also trying to go to the gym, but so far that's only been around once or twice a week. 

So as of right now my fundraisers are:

Pizza Inn Night- August 15
- tickets are $10/adult and $5/ child. This includes a a buffet and a drink. I get $3/ adult and $1.50/ child. All proceeds go to Leukemia and Lymphoma society. 

Arbone Party: date TBA

ZumbaThon: date TBA

I am very interested in doing a wine tasting/ silent auction, and also selling t- shirts.  I need ideas and help to plan these things. If anyone knows a place to do these, donate, or just has any awesome ideas I would love to hear them. Thank you so much for all your love and support. I am beyond blessed. 

GO TEAM!!


I thought this gram was just red polka dots, but as you see its actually for Christmas in July.


A daily challenge last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment